logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Dec 30 12:07:22 GMT 2012

> Hi all,
>
> I've looked a bit deeper at this issue and found this:
> The SeaGenerator in mkgmap creates polygons with
> the tag natural=sea (what else)
> If you use a style for polygons that contains a line like this
> natural = sea [0x32 resolution 17]
>
> (as Klaus does for his norway map)
> mkgmap adds a lot of data to the output file to save the sea polygons.
> I assume a better solution would be to remove this line and use the
> colour for sea as the background colour.
> Does that make sense?
>
> Gerd

How do you avoid that land area is filled with the sea/background color?
What you describe is the --generate-sea=polygon variant which can be
used in combination with --precomp-sea. But this has the disadvantage
that you have a background sea polygon covering the whole tile and land
polygons on top of it. So if you click on land you always have sea under
the land...

WanMil