logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Draw Order, Precompiled sea and Mapsource

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Dec 29 21:06:44 GMT 2012

>> which combinations did not work?
> With 3 input files (geographical, grid and pre-compiled sea) and two
> mapname values, there are 12 possible combinations.
> 1. The four combinations with the sea appearing last showed all the ways
> (gridlines and bridges), but did not show the sea (compile time 28 seconds);

That's ok. Options are ordered and are valid only for the subsequent
input file. So if you define the precomp-sea last it is not used for any
of the tiles and does not show any sea. I think that's also the
explanation for the other variants.

> 2. The four combinations with the sea first showed the ways crossing the
> sea from the file with the higher mapname but not the other (compile
> time 79 seconds);

Mmh, I think I don't understand what you mean with "but not the other".
Do you mean ways are shown only for the geographical tile (which I think
is the 60923011.osm.pbf) but not for the grid tile? Does the grid tile
have ways?

> 3. The two combinations with the sea second and the lower mapname first
> showed the ways crossing the sea from the file with the higher mapname
> but not the other (compile time 30 seconds with the grid file first, 78
> seconds with the geographical file first);

see answer to 1. Precomp-sea is not a tile/input-file and must be
defined before any input-file.