logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Draw Order, Precompiled sea and Mapsource

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Sat Dec 29 20:53:15 GMT 2012

Hi Wanmil,

Thanks for the response. I have now tried every combination for the
limited set of variables I am using to test. The results are below -
they apply only to MapSource. I have tried some but not all on Basecamp,
and they all worked as expected. The wide differences in compile times
for the same data in a different order seem a little surprising.

(Incidentally, I use pre-compiled sea to deal with flooding problems I
was getting, and it works fine in everything I have tested.)

Regards,

Roger

On 29/12/2012 18:51, WanMil wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> which combinations did not work?
With 3 input files (geographical, grid and pre-compiled sea) and two
mapname values, there are 12 possible combinations.
1. The four combinations with the sea appearing last showed all the ways
(gridlines and bridges), but did not show the sea (compile time 28 seconds);
2. The four combinations with the sea first showed the ways crossing the
sea from the file with the higher mapname but not the other (compile
time 79 seconds);
3. The two combinations with the sea second and the lower mapname first
showed the ways crossing the sea from the file with the higher mapname
but not the other (compile time 30 seconds with the grid file first, 78
seconds with the geographical file first);
4. The two combinations with the sea second and the higher mapname first
were correct (compile time 30 seconds with the grid file first, 78
seconds with the geographical file first).

> mapname:60000002
> input-file: GBGrid.osm
> precomp-sea=..\resources\sea
> mapname: 60000001