logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Draw Order, Precompiled sea and Mapsource

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Sat Dec 29 15:44:08 GMT 2012

I am having problems with viaducts and road bridges over tidal water not
appearing in Mapsource, though they do appear in Basecamp and on my
60CSx. I suspect this is a draw order problem, and it may be related to
Precompiled Sea, and/or to my inclusion of a GBGrid file.

I gather Mapsource draw order depends on Mapname. Does the Precompiled
Sea have a Mapname built in to mkgmap? Or can/should it be given one? Is
it transparent? Should it appear before or after other input files?

Some combinations of input show the bridges but not the grid lines where
they cross the sea, others show the gridlines but not the bridges.
Transparent seems to make no difference. The only sequence I have found
which shows both grid lines and bridges over sea is:

mapname:60000002
input-file: GBGrid.osm
precomp-sea=..\resources\sea
mapname: 60000001