logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter-r269 - problems with osm-data and srtm-data

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Dec 27 16:48:08 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
> Hi Gerd,
> thanks for your information. I played a little bit with osmconvert and
> found out, that bbox was taken from the first input-file. So if I put
> planet.o5m to first position and it works again. But this is now obsolet.

I think one problem remains: If you feed splitter with a polygon file for
New Zealand
and OSM data for eg. norway splitter will fail without a proper error
message.
In this example it is obvious that splitter should stop with an error
message, but
what should happen if you use eg. your DACH.poly together with just
germany.osm.pbf?

I think whenever the bounding box of the input file doesn't intersect with
the bounding polygon
splitter should stop with an error message, anything else might be wanted.
OK?