logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r273 with --precomp-sea parameter

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Dec 27 16:30:21 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I've committed r273 in the problem-list branch.
Besides some cosmetic changes I've implemented a first try to estimate the
nodes that mkgmap adds because of the --precomp-sea parameter.
If you specify the same parameter in splitter, it will read the precompiled
sea files
after reading the normal input files. The data is used like this:
The density map that is created while reading the normal input covers a
bounding box, splitter then reads all sea data that falls into this bounding
box
and counts the nodes in a 2nd density map. In a final step, it merges the
two density
maps so that only those areas with 0 nodes in the normal file are changed.
Note that this happens before any kind of trimming occurs.

The --precomp-sea parameter is ignored when --split-file is given.

This should fix remaining problems reported eg. by toc-rox:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Norway-not-buildable-with-the-no-trim-option-tp5741482.html

Please let me know if it works as expected.