logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issue: just a few cities available with r2423

From Enrico Liboni eliboni at gmail.com on Thu Dec 27 00:07:31 GMT 2012

Hi, today I upgraded mkgmap from r2307 to r2423 and downloaded fresh pbfs
and bounds before regenerating my maps: the gmapsupp file is created
correctly but address search does not work as expected.

When searching for an address, if I select Italy and try to type a city
only a dozen are available - typing "R" prompts me with just "Rovereto" (a
minor city in the north) while Rome or anything else is not in.

I reverted to r2307 and address search works fine, so this seems not
related to the pbfs/bounds I downloaded.

I've a Garmin Nuvi 510 and the command line I'using from Linux is:
java -Xmx2000M -jar ./mkgmap/mkgmap.jar --family-name="OSM Ita and Alps"
--description="OSM 2012-12-26" --route --remove-short-arcs
--add-pois-to-areas --index --gmapsupp --output-dir="./data/"
./data/6*osm.pbf

Any clue? Anything I can try to better debug the issue? One note: with
r2423 when I set the address country, the country name appear as "Italia"
while with r2307 I see "Italy", however I'm not setting language anywhere
(and both my OS and garmin are in english).

Thanks!
gspeed