logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Norway not buildable with the no-trim option

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 23 10:40:08 GMT 2012

The problem is (again) caused by the --precomp-sea option which adds a lot of data to this tile.
This was already reported before and I don't see a simple solution besides the trimming.

Possible solution:
Splitter calculates the tile sizes only based on the number of nodes in the input file.
What we need is the number of nodes added by the --precomp-sea option

So, either splitter could read these files and calculate the number of nodes,
or the sea generator could create a file that contains the number. This would save
processing time because sea tiles don't change often. Problem with this 2nd approach:
The resolution of the grid that is used in splitter depends on the resolution parameter.

Any other ideas?

Gerd