logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter-r269 - problems with osm-data and srtm-data

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sat Dec 22 11:52:01 GMT 2012

Hi,
I've got some problems with actual splitter and a combined input of osm
and srtm-data. I merged them with osmconvert, so I think they are not
mixed(--mixed gave the same result as without --mixed).

I use splitter with an polygon-file of New Zealand [1] and
max-nodes=1000000, which is no problem if I use only osm-data as input.
Splitter generates thefollowing density-map [2] and then ends with the
message:

Failed to calculate areas.
Sorry. Cannot split the file without creating huge, almost empty, tiles.
Please specify a bounding polygon with --polygon-file parameter.

Tiles should get smaller with srtm data, so my guess would bethat the
tiles, which covers parts of the sea could be problematic.If you need
further information, let me know.

Henning

[1] http://www.aighes.de/data/NewZealand.poly
[2] http://www.aighes.de/data/densities-out.zip