logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New exit_hints branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Dec 21 20:08:24 GMT 2012

> This afternoon in live testing I found what seems to be a bug. Exits
> from a parallel lane, tagged as motorway_link, didn't show up with the
> exit_hint. Maybe the code does not know to which motorway_link of the
> y-branch the exit_hint has to be put on. Is it possible to assign the
> exit_hint to the motorway_link which is going to the right?

I set the exit_hint only on exits directly from motorways because hints
on parallel lines should be created from the destination tags.

So have a look on the following junction:

===E====================================
     \                              /
      -------e----------------------
              \
               \destination=Berlin

=== motorway
--- motorway_link
E   exit node on motorway
e   exit node on motorway_link

So and exit_hint is created only for E because after you have passed E
the Garmin should tell you the correct destination which is usually
written on the signs in the motorway junction (in Germany...).
If an exit hint would also be created for e you would see the
destination only after passing e and that's too late.
The motorway junctions if have analyzed did have the same tags on E and
e so there is no additional information.

WanMil