logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New exit_hints branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Dec 21 12:12:44 GMT 2012

Thanks for testing.

In case the destination is tagged on the motorway_link you can easily
add that to the exit_hint way name:
highway=motorway_link & mkgmap:exit_hint=true
   { delete display_name;
     name 'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}'
${destination} |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_exit_to}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_exit_to}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref}' }

But in most cases the text is too long and is therefore not displayed.
And not all motorway_links are tagged with destination at its beginnig
(that's the case in Kreuz Bielefeld).

I will try to analyze if the exit leads to lower grade highways. Anyhow
with the current implementation you will get the hint to leave on exit
number NN at Kreuz XXX. And just after exiting you get the destination
as hint. But for some case that might be too late....

WanMil