logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter: relations to be checked with keep-complete=true

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Dec 16 12:46:33 GMT 2012

> A relation with route=ferry should be handled, because there are some
> (many ?) ferry-routes are tagged as such a relation and member are empty
> ways.

Can you give an example of such a route and how you work with it in
mkgmap? Why must all parts of the relation be complete in a tile?

> If superrelation are handled by splitter, I would keep this and improve
> mkgmap. Maybe type=route could be handled like type=boundary. So keep
> relation and all ways in a tile, which crossing the tile or have at
> least one node in the tile.

superrelations are not handled by mkgmap (AFAIK) so there is no need to
handle them with splitter? Once there is a good reason to process them
with mkgmap splitter should also handle them but not the other way round.

> Henning

WanMil