logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter: relations to be checked with keep-complete=true

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sun Dec 16 12:34:33 GMT 2012

Am 16.12.2012 13:26, schrieb WanMil:
> Hi,
>
> splitter r260 with --keep-complete=true puts all members of all
> intersecting relations and all subrelations into a tile. This leads to
> "interesting" data in tiles, e.g. if a tile is crossed by an e-road
> (e.g. E 35 http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2148378) the
> complete e-road is added to the tile.
>
> I think this is not required as long as mkgmap is not able to handle all
> of such relations:
>
> * subrelations: I think subrelations are not handled by mkgmap so they
> can be ignored completely by keep-complete. (Keep the code, sometime
> mkgmap will handle them ;-)
>
> * relations: I found code for the following relation types only:
> multipolygon
> boundary (is ignored by splitter?)
> restriction
> through_route
> I think all other relations can be ignored by keep-complete. (I don't
> know about the special marine code...)
>
> What do you think about? Any objections?
A relation with route=ferry should be handled, because there are some
(many ?) ferry-routes are tagged as such a relation and member are empty
ways.

If superrelation are handled by splitter, I would keep this and improve
mkgmap. Maybe type=route could be handled like type=boundary. So keep
relation and all ways in a tile, which crossing the tile or have at
least one node in the tile.

Henning