logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r257

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Fri Dec 14 17:44:09 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,
it doesn't belong to your improvements, but it's a think which might be
confusing to new users.

Splitter output in very beginning a list of parameters and the used
values. This is a nice thing, but also very confusing, because there are
displayed wrong things. Eg. if I set --split-file, max-nodes, mapid,
no-trim and polygon-file aren't used by splitter (or I'm wrong?). So it
shouldn't be displayed at all.

In general it would be more clear, that only those parameters were
displayed, which are really used (default values or set) for this
splitter-run.

This mustn't be fixed in your branch. It's just a general thought about
it. Maybe others have a different view to it.

Henning