logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r257

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 14 11:48:52 GMT 2012

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> will try it, please update the help file too!

Hmm, what help file? The wiki or something in the sources?

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> I think if you use --keep-complete, then you should not specify
> --overlap at all, right?

If you specify --keep-complete, the default for --overlap is 0. If you
specify keep-complete with a non-zero value for overlap, you should see
a warning.

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Because on 256 I got crahes while using --keep-complete --overlap=0...
> which is however exactly what is recommended in the help file. I don't
> think there is any need for overlap if --keep-complete is used, or could
> there be reasons?

If you can reproduce the crash with r257, please send details how to
reproduce it.

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Also I think most people will want --keep-complete by default, except if
> overlap is >0

I did not dare to make it the default, but I agree that most people will
want it.
So, if I got you right, splitter should set keep-complete=true if user
specifies
neither overlap nor keep-complete=false ?

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> could you further specify this please? I cannot see how to enable it
> (which I would expect if it is really experimental and not only new and
> needs to be tested).
>
> - correct handling of holes in polygon (experimental)

Well, the osmosis polygon file format allows to define areas with holes. I
don't see any need for
that, but I tried to make sure that nothing stupid happens if a user tries a
poly file with hole(s).