logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing and tunnels

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Tue Dec 11 17:24:59 GMT 2012

I decided I wanted to show bridges and tunnels on my maps; bridges were easy but I have trouble with tunnels.

If I try the following as a catchall for all highways which are tunnels:

highway=* & tunnel=yes [0x11501 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]

Or specifically for each type of highway e.g.:

highway=cycleway & tunnel!=yes [0x10 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]
. . .
. . .
highway=cycleway & tunnel=yes [0x11501 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]

The visual results are what I expect: you see the cycleway, then the tunnel, and then the cycleway again. But routing is broken and you are unable to route through the tunnel for any type of highway.

If however I do the following:

highway=* & tunnel=yes [0x11501 resolution 23 continue]
. . .
. . .
highway=cycleway  [0x10 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]

I see both the tunnel and the cycleway, rather than just the tunnel, but at least I can route through the tunnel.

So it seems if you have the test tunnel=yes it breaks routing. Is this expected behaviour? I am using R2328.

Cheers, Geoff.