logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Options

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sat Dec 8 19:03:34 GMT 2012

Am 08.12.2012 19:04, schrieb Felix Hartmann:
> --location-autofil :: If I understand right, it is still a backup if
> bounds fail. I currently use --location-autofill=bounds,is_in,nearest
> because I want is_in first, secon nearest to provide the location if the
> precompiled bounds fail. Maybe make that behaviour default if
> --bounds=... is set. I think that is the approach most people want
> (noone updates the bounds as often as the map data - so it is likely to
> still add an
You should replace it with --location-autofill=is_in,nearest
Bounds isn't needed any more, because it's default if you set --bounds=...

> --ignore-turn-restrictions ,Strong Objection again. We don't have
> separate turn-restrictions for cyclists or pedestrians yet, so don't
> default it car centric. Currently as a cyclist, I'm better off if the
> map ignores turn-restrictions for cars. (many many oneway streets don't
> apply for cycling, but there are restrictions for cars in OSM at those
> crossings).
There are restriction:bicycle=* and except=* defined for
turn-restriction. I haven't checked, if they are used.
> --show-profiles=1 --- keep it. I need it differently depending on the
> country or map. Don't put options that one needs differently depending
> on the country into the style-file...
You can handle country-specific rules via mkgmap:country=*

Henning