logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter maximum tile size

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Dec 5 10:41:10 GMT 2012

Thorsten Kukuk wrote
>> what about a check, if left=~-180 or right=~180, if this is really the
>> leftest|rightest part of the map, or if it continues on the other side
>> on anti-meridian. If so, divide bounding-box at anti-meridian into two
>> parts and calculate tiles for these two bounding-boxes.
>
> Yes, I think the problem is if you cross 180. Maybe if the data is
> going from ~-180 to ~180, we should check what the latest node from
> the right is, and what the latest node from the left is, and exclude
> the empty middle?

I thought the same and coded that before, but the problem would be the
same if you use a polygon containing e.g. all countries using french as the
national language.
I think it  is not good enough to creae two distinct areas if the original
polygon
contained more than two, and guessing the original polygon is not trivial,
esp. not
if it contains small areas around islands.