logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r250 and open questions reg. bounding polygon

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri Nov 30 13:36:08 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,

First thanks for all the hard work improving the splitter.
I'm testing r250 a bit with a small polygon file on the NRW extract.
In blue a small polygon file and in red the resulting tiles from the splitter.

The borders don't exactly match, the red splitter tiles are outside the polygon rectangular.
Is it possible to fit them exactly, because I want to make two maps where the tile borders match exactly at the tile borders (for instance maps of Benelux and Germany). I know I can do this by editting the areas list, but I thought it would be nice if the splitter could handle this for me.

BTW I used --keep-complete --overlap=0 --polygon-file=nrw.poly --max-nodes=500000