logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r250 and open questions reg. bounding polygon

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Dec 1 07:31:10 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
>> Other ideas?
> I would suggest, that the polygon would better, if you create it by
> yourself. Eg. use --write-kml, open it in josm and create a
> bounding-polygon (create a way arround the map and then make it smaller
> with "create area" (x). Then save the created polygon as poly-File.
> You'll need poly and opendata plugin for josm.

Thanks for the hint. I already wondered what I have to do in JOSM to
create a nice polygon.
Anyway, I think it will help anybody if splitter creates an area.poly that
can be used as a starting point.

Minko asked via private mail for a splitter that creates tiles which fit
exactly into
the given polygon if the polygon is rectilinear instead of approximating it
with the aligned
tiles.
I assume this would be good for all?