logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r247

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 29 14:26:02 GMT 2012

Hi all,

GerdP wrote
> So, I think this adds three points to my todo list:
> - make sure that trimming doesn't generate holes within the polygon (easy)
> - force overlap=0 if keep-complete is used (easy)
> - make sure that gereated tiles do not overlap the polygon too much (not
> that easy)

Regarding overlap I plan this: Default is -1,
if keep-complete=true, the program sets it to 0, else to 2000. If user
specifies a value > 0 together
with keep-complete=true, the program prints a warning message to stderr:
"Warning: --overlap is used in combination with --keep-complete=true"

reg. overlapping polygons: I have a solution that works well for rectilinear
polygons
with only a few corners (like those that Henning uses), but it collapses
when you
use the polygons from geofabrik which contain diagonal lines. It's quite
complicated
to approximate such a polygon with rectangles , and I fear the result will
never be
near to what the user wants: Either it contains additional areas outside the
original polygon or
data is missing.
So I plan to stop processing if such a polygon is used with a message like
"Bounding polygon is too complex. Avoid diagonal lines!"
Would that be okay for all?