logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r246

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Nov 27 12:51:20 GMT 2012

> Am 26.11.2012 23:13, schrieb WanMil:
>> Some small hints about your mkgmap configuration:
>> * I propose to use precompiled sea files (e.g.
>> http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/sea_20121020.zip). It's faster and takes
>> less memory.
>
> Hi WanMil,
> is it possible to generate the precompiled files by myself? I haven't
> found anything in the wiki how to do this. I remember that I need a
> special tool, which have to be compiled. Would it be possible to publish
> a binary? If libraries are problematic, they could be only listed in a
> txt-file and the user downloads this separate from other sources.
>
> Is it possible to use the shape-files from
> http://openstreetmapdata.com/data ?
>
> Henning

Hi Henning,

there is a readme how to precompile the sea files:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=mkgmap&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Fuk%2Fme%2Fparabola%2Fmkgmap%2Fsea%2Foptional%2Freadme.txt

It would be possible to publish a binary. Maybe we can integrate into
the existing ant scripts if you provide it. I think the libs are not
problematic. These are some part of the geotools lib.

You can use the shape files from openstreetmapdata. I am using them myself.
Beware that you need the land polygons and not the sea polygons. It's
better to use the split ones because the others are memory exhaustive.

WanMil