logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r247

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 27 11:47:13 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
> But not at all. If there are larger spaces with no data, no-trim=false
> will create "ugly" looking maps. As you can see here:
> http://www.aighes.de/data/scandinavia.png world.kml was created out of
> planet.osm with scandinavia.poly and no-trim=false
>
> btw: Are there reasons to use overlap!= in combination with
> --keep-complete? Otherwise overlap=0 should be default if
> keep-complete=true.

Just to make sure that I got this right, besides the holes the only
ugly looking part is the big tile covering most of iceland, but also
a large area outside of the polygon. Correct?
Any other tile that is not acceptable?

Reg. overlap: I agree that overlap should be ignored with --keep-complete.
I just don't have enough experience to decide this alone.
I wasnot sure whether overlap=0 should be forced with --keep-complete or
whether it should be ignored only if user did not explicitely specify a
value.
I think forcing overlap=0 is the better solution.

So, I think this adds three points to my todo list:
- make sure that trimming doesn't generate holes within the polygon (easy)
- force overlap=0 if keep-complete is used (easy)
- make sure that gereated tiles do not overlap the polygon too much (not
that easy)