logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r247

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Mon Nov 26 19:18:11 GMT 2012

El 26/11/12 15:45, GerdP escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just committed r247.
> Changes:
> - added parameter --polygon-file to specify a bounding polygon. The polygon
> is only used when the tiles are calculated, it is NOT used when the
> real split process runs.
> - performance improvements in the new split algorithm
>
> The polygon file format is that of osmosis, I've simply added the osmosis
> sources:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Polygon_Filter_File_Format
>
> I hope that is the right way to do it.
>
> The polygon is only used when no split-file is given. It is used when all
> nodes were
> read. In this first pass, splitter fills a grid with node counts.
> Instead of filtering each node (which would take much too much cpu time),
> splitter simply uses the polygon to set those grid counts to 0 (zero) which
> do not intersect with the polygon.
> When that is done, splitter calculates the tiles.
I have just used r247 to produce a map of South America and noticed that
although it results in an smaller number of tiles for the same
max-nodes, tiles aspect ratio is not optimal (see screenshots).
r247: java -Xmx1500M -jar splitter-pl.jar --keep-complete --overlap=0
--max-nodes=1000000 --no-trim --geonames-file=cities15000_AME.zip
--mapid=55139001 south-america.osm.pbf
48 tiles, 474.3 MB resulting img's
r202: java -Xmx1500M -jar splitter.jar --overlap=3000
--max-nodes=1000000 --no-trim --geonames-file=cities15000_AME.zip
--mapid=55139001 south-america.osm.pbf
56 tiles, 475.3 MB resulting img's