logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r246

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Nov 26 09:08:02 GMT 2012

> UliBär (Gmail) wrote
>> Ok, i'll try... ;)
>> Yes, it works/ed with splitter r202 and with 243.
>> It is my own extract with germany + 50km + iceland, extracted from
>> europe.osm.pbf from geofabrik.
>> Here are my parameters:
>> start /belownormal /b /wait java -Xmx1444m -jar
>> ..\bin\splitter.jar --keep-complete --overlap=0 --output=pbf
>> --max-areas=256 --mapid=66%FID%001 --max-nodes=1200000
>> ..\OSM-Data\germany+iceland.osm.pbf
>
> I assume the problem is that splitter may write much more data to the tile
> because of the keep-complete
> option.
> In the first pass, splitter calculates the number of nodes that fall *into*
> the tile. This number is
> compared with the max-nodes value. Later, the keep-complete option may
> result in a huge amount
> of additional nodes written to a tile.
> On the other hand, mkgmap removes again a lot of these nodes because of the
> style rules.
> I see no easy solution for this until now :-(
>
> Gerd

Uli, can you please retry and give the exact error message of mkgmap?

I guess that one of your tile contains a large polygon that is now
contained completely in the tile due to keep-complete. Maybe a part of
mkgmap has a problem with this large polygon (e.g. subdivision handling).
But this is wild guessing unless you can provide the exact error
message. Wee need all information about your steps to create the
germany+iceland.osm.pbf and your mkgmap parameters and style file so
that we can try to reproduce the error.

Thanks
WanMil