logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r246

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Nov 25 23:42:24 GMT 2012

UliBär (Gmail) wrote
> Ok, i'll try... ;)
> Yes, it works/ed with splitter r202 and with 243.
> It is my own extract with germany + 50km + iceland, extracted from
> europe.osm.pbf from geofabrik.
> Here are my parameters:
> start /belownormal /b /wait java -Xmx1444m -jar
> ..\bin\splitter.jar --keep-complete --overlap=0 --output=pbf
> --max-areas=256 --mapid=66%FID%001 --max-nodes=1200000
> ..\OSM-Data\germany+iceland.osm.pbf

I assume the problem is that splitter may write much more data to the tile
because of the keep-complete
option.
In the first pass, splitter calculates the number of nodes that fall *into*
the tile. This number is
compared with the max-nodes value. Later, the keep-complete option may
result in a huge amount
of additional nodes written to a tile.
On the other hand, mkgmap removes again a lot of these nodes because of the
style rules.
I see no easy solution for this until now :-(