logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r239

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Nov 19 19:08:39 GMT 2012

Hello Dirk,

flabot at googlemail.com wrote
> - try to calculate reasonable value for max-areas based on available heap,
> number of tiles and file size
>
> Cant we use the size of the *.img in gmapsupp for finetune the splitting
> areas ?
> Depending on the kind of style-sheat and the data splitting areas with
> the same size of
> nodes is not perfect.

Hmm, this is a completely different problem. The default value 255 for the
max-areas parameter
is typically too small, as a result, the program reads the input file many
times, even if heap would
allow e.g. 1024 areas.

You describe an algorithm that uses the result of mkgmap processing to
"optimize" the position or size
of the tiles. Can you describe more detailed what splitter should do with
this information?