logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter improvements

From UliBaer ulibaer at gmail.com on Wed Nov 14 09:30:30 GMT 2012

> Hi Uli,
>
> can please also tell me the splitter parms that you use?
> The speed and memory needs depends directly on the number and the position
> of the tiles.
>
> Gerd

Hi Gerd,

of course here are the parameters for the splitter call:

start /low /b /wait java -enableassertions -Xmx1376m -jar
..\bin\splitter.jar --max-threads=2 --keep-complete --overlap=0
--output=pbf --max-areas=256 --mapid=66%FID%001 --max-nodes=1200000
..\OSM-Data\%osmfile%

I normally use this for 32-Bit-Java on WindowsXP 32-Bit and it works
ok with my dataset. If i feed this call with the above mentioned
germany+-dataset i get an out of memory error, even if i change the
heap to -Xmx3000m on a 64-Bit-Jvm. My own dataset is 1.85GB in size
and the germany+ set is 1.88GB in size. So i think they are
comparable.

The call i use to converrt the germany+.osm.xz to .osm.pbf is as follows:

..\xz -d -c -k -v -v germany+.osm.xz | ..\osmconvert -
-o=germany+.osm.pbf --verbose

I can upload the file somewhere, but i'm at work and can only access
limited pages on the internet and all file sharing sites are blocked.

Regards from Wolfsburg - ;) - Uli