logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter improvements

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 13 17:02:27 GMT 2012

Thorsten Kukuk wrote
>> Besides that I have an idea how to reduce the memory needs in the
>> critical
>> pass :-)
>
> Good to hear :-)

One drawback: This better solution will not work if input is mixed (ids not
strictly ordered).
I see two options:
1) use two alternative methods to store data. The existing one with HashMaps
and a new , faster one
with simple arrays and binary search. In fact, the latter one requires less
memory and less CPU,
at least during my tests. Binary search doesn't work if data is not sorted,
and sorting again might require
to much heap, so mixed data is a big problem here.
2) stop with an error message if user tries to use mixed data with
parameters --keep-complete or --problem-list.

I still have to find out why r231 finds so many more problem polygons.