logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter improvements

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 10 18:11:29 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I've just committed r229.

I've fixed all reported errors regarding --keep-complete and found some nice
performance improvements for Hennings special case (planet as input,
split-file with > 800 tiles, many of them overlapping each other)
and some general improvements regarding memory requirements.
The larger the input file and the number of tiles, the larger is the
improvement, so I assume that Henning will now be able to split planet
within 3 hours.

A few users wanted to see the generated problem list, so it is now written
to the output directory.
The program writes the generated candidates. If you always use the same
split-file, it might be usefull to
reuse the list with the problem-file parm instead of using keep-complete.
For a two weeks old germany.osm.pbf I get > 1.800.000 lines (32Mb), so I
doubt that someone ones to edit such a file ;-)

ciao,