logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] version numbers

From n Willink nw at pinns.co.uk on Thu Nov 8 09:42:30 GMT 2012

Thanks for your advise.

I’m looking at the raw data using my own software to parse the TRE ,RGN,LBL NOD MDR  etc of an img

As far as I can tell there is no reference to mkgmaps’s version number , ie 2179,2370 in the img file itself.

By difference I meant looking at the contents/order of  maplevels & subfiles in TRE or the POIS found in MDR4 using the same osm but different versions of mkgmap

Currently, I’m encountering some very strange & alarming behaviour when the gpx of a route disappears when zooming in .This only happens when I don’t need splitter.
I’ve never encounted the priority of an img override that of an IMG

From: GerdP [via GIS]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:18 AM
To: n Willink
Subject: Re: version numbers

> There is another issue which perhaps betrays mkgmaps modesty but at present
> there is no way of telling which version has been used to create a gmapsupp
> or img - it could be included in the copyright section?

Hmm, you should find the string Map created with mkgmap-rxxxx in the *.img file.
Don't you?

> I'm currently trying to compare imgs created by different versions of mkgmap
> and analyse what causes their behaviour to be so different.

What tool do you use to compare two img files? If you just compare the files, you
will see a lot of differences even if you use the same mkgmap and the same input.
My identical_output_v2.patch might help, but  one has to adapt it to current mkgmap releases.
See also
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Small-holes-in-boundary-coverage-tp5569161p5624523.html

Ciao,
Gerd