logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] version numbers

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 8 09:18:13 GMT 2012

> There is another issue which perhaps betrays mkgmaps modesty but at present
> there is no way of telling which version has been used to create a gmapsupp
> or img - it could be included in the copyright section?

Hmm, you should find the string Map created with mkgmap-rxxxx in the *.img file.
Don't you?

> I'm currently trying to compare imgs created by different versions of mkgmap
> and analyse what causes their behaviour to be so different.

What tool do you use to compare two img files? If you just compare the files, you
will see a lot of differences even if you use the same mkgmap and the same input.
My identical_output_v2.patch might help, but  one has to adapt it to current mkgmap releases.
See also
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Small-holes-in-boundary-coverage-tp5569161p5624523.html

Ciao,
Gerd