logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter that generates problem list

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Tue Nov 6 00:21:21 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,
you said:

> for each node: calculate the area that contains it and save it in a map

So at the end of reading nodes, RAM knows, where a node is, or am I wrong?
Then it should be possible to check for each relation/way/node in which
tiles they have at least one node. The result would be, that a object
has at least one node in tile x, y and z. I don't see a reason, why it
should be problematic, if these tiles overlap. But maybe this is caused
by limitations I don't see.

Your first solution wont have any real benefit for me. It will end in
five splitter runs for ten mapsets. This will need to much time. Almost
splitting hole planet with a given list of problematic polygons need
about 1:40 h. With automatic calulation of problematic polygons this
time will increase and them must be multiplied with five. 12h are to
much time for this.

Running several splitter parallel wont be clever because of
disk-IO-limit. A solution could be: splitter reads an object and then
spread it to several "sub-splitter", eg. one for each mapset. But this
will also need much RAM.

Henning