logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter that generates problem list

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Nov 5 08:56:59 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
> used areas.list and the klm-file is attached. Yes there are overlapping
> tiles. Eg. Denmark is once alone splitted and once as part of
> scandinavia map. This wasn't a problem with splitter-r200 and splitter
> with your v2-patch.

I agree, this did not cause problems in the past, but it does with the
algorithm that
detects problem polygons. This alg. assumes that the tiles do not overlap.

Splitter uses two classes to represent these tiles:
Area : keeps the information about the bounding box
OSMWriter: contains two Area instances (the real area and the larger one
calculated with the --overlap
value) and the related output routines etc. Most routines in splitter use
the OSMWriter methods to find
out whether a node should be written to a tile or not.

I plan to change that completely so that
- Area contains a reference to a list of writers
- OSMWriter contans information about the bounds as specified in the
split-file plus the IO part.

If two tiles do overlap, I plan to create multiple non-overlapping Area
instances so that each one contains the list of related tiles. The routines
in splitter should use the Area methods to find out the writers.

This redesign requires many changes, so don't expect a quick solution.