logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter that generates problem list

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Nov 4 18:19:49 GMT 2012

Hi Henning,

if I got this right we have to save a list of tiles for each node of each
way and relation, or we have to do multiple reads for every tile. Saving the
list is not possible for planet on 32bit systems (planet contains more than
1.600.000 nodes  and more than 155.000.000 ways, and I guess that at least
half of the nodes is part of a way or relation. On 32bit systems we have
~1.6000.000 bytes for heap, so we have less than 2 bytes to store the id and
the list of writers. I don't see how this could be done.
Besides that your proposal might work, but it would be difficult to detect
enclosed tiles that have no node of a multipolygon relation.

Gerd

Henning Scholland wrote