logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter that generates problem list

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sun Nov 4 13:30:50 GMT 2012

Am 04.11.2012 14:05, schrieb Gerd Petermann:
>  Please try again using e.g. only the tiles starting with 14.
Will do so.

> @ all: I need an algorithm that uses a list like below and fills "the
> rest of planet" with a small number of rectangles. There is no need to
> find the smallest number, but the result should be near.

Maybe another solution, but don't know if this is useful.

First, splitter reads relation, ways and nodes. So I think after these
three steps it should be possible to have all problematic objects with
all ways and nodes.
Then check for all nodes, in which tile they would be and save this
information to the problematic ways/relation, they belong to.

Afterwards start normal splitting and if splitter check a problematic
object, then stop splitter writing it in normal mode and instead write
the hole object to the tile. If the order of the splitted tile isn't
important, you can also look for each object, if it is in problematic
part. If so, skip this object (node, way, relation) and write these at
the end of the (node, way and relation) block.

Don't know if this would be faster.

Henning