logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] render closed waterway polygons?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Oct 31 20:12:33 GMT 2012

>> So the mp alg sees the green and red polygon. Nor green neither red
>> contain the other polygon completely. The problem lies in the overlap so
>> the current mp algorithm ignores this and assumes that green contains
>> red - but only if the original green way is not closed.
>
> Right I see. I'm not sure that there is a lot more information -
> isClosed() should always be true for a polygon and isComplete will
> therefore be false in the same cases that isClosed was false before.

I found a mini micro improvement but this happens only in very rare
cases and only if outer and inner polygons of an mp are touching (which
is not allowed). So it needn't be described in detail here :-)

> In all cases I saw (this was regular polygons), if isClosed is false for
> something that is meant to be a polygon it doesn't show up on the main
> Mapnik map - and so it gets fixed!
>
>   > I will have a look on it. Can you create a branch? That will make it
>   > easier for me to add my changes.
>
> OK I shall create a branch and put the changes on it.

I've added the is_closed() function. Should I also add the is_complete()
function?
I've also committed the mp changes which was easier than expected.

If noone opposes I will merge the branch back to trunk tomorrow.

WanMil