logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] render closed waterway polygons?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Oct 27 09:26:52 BST 2012

I understand it is not good tagging but please help me to tell Potlatch they are wrong:
https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4510

If I change it to correct tagging there will be someone else who notice this as "Lake" and again tag it to waterway=canal.
There are dozens of mappers who are making this mistake and I'm tired of writing them or correcting them all.

> In general maybe it would also help to add the way-id to
> problematic_polygons list. So mkgmap has the hole way and there is no
> need to autoclose a way.

That is not the point. The point is that correct waterway=canals which are single lines
are being closed too if I render it as polygons. I can think of other forms of lines that could either be polygons or lines.
Think of highway=pedestrian or man_made=pier so I think this patch can help.