logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] From where are these ways being labelled?

From Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com on Fri Oct 26 02:31:22 BST 2012

Hi

I'm using ver. 2340.

In my lines file for the style I'm using I have these options:
highway=footway & foot=yes [0x16 resolution 22]
highway=footway

Using this command line I make a gmapsupp file & copy to my Garmin
Oregon 300
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java" -Xmx512M -ea -jar mkgmap.jar
--remove-short-arcs --description="Bath & Surrounds" --gmapsupp
"Contours.img" --generate-sea:polygons --transparent --tdbfile
--style-file="C:\dwgs\Programs\GPS All\mkgmap\Garmin Profile"
--family-id=42 M000002.TYP bath.osm

In both the GPSr unit & in Mapsource any ways tagged as above are
labelled as Public Footpath & Footpath respectively. I can see no reason
for this. I've searched all the files in my style profile & find no
occurrence of "Public Footpath".

Where is it picking up the configuration to amend the labelling?

Also, as an aside, why does adding --version option prevent the command
from compiling?

Cheers
Dave F.