logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Speed limit

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Tue Oct 23 23:44:53 BST 2012

"RocketMan" <RocketMan at unlimitedmail.org> writes:

> If I set my Zumo660 to simulator mode and then let it simulate a ride
> I see wrong speeds simulated at times.
>
> The speeds based on road_speed tags work fine.

I don't understand what you mean by this sentence.

> When simulating riding on a road with a speedlimit=90 tag the gauge on
> the GPS says 100 and when on a road with speedlimit=50 the GPS shows
> 60.

I am fuzzy, but my understanding is that there are several (8?) road
classifications, each with a defined speed, hard-coded into the
definition of the img format.  Speeds are mapped to the
closest/rounded/truncated or something.  Usually this is good enough for
routing.