logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch V1]Re: Still problems with lakes

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 20 09:11:10 BST 2012

Hi Minko,

Minko-2 wrote
> If this patch will be implemented, will there be a list somewhere (wiki?)
> where we can add problematic multipolygons?

This is probably the biggest problem with this "solution". Therefore I
consider any user written list of
problem cases as a work-around. On the other hand, we may find out that most
users find the same
problem cases,  which in turn would allow to distribute one list for all.

Minko-2 wrote
> Or maybe some script can detect those large mps automatically from the OSM
> database?

This would be great. As I've already written, I failed to produce the list
within splitter.
The algorithm that I've implemented calculates the bounding box of a way or
relation to find out the
tiles that should "know" the polygon.
If this turns out to be good enough, and OSM api allows it, someone could
provide a file that contains the info for each OSM way and relation (just
the Id and the bbox info).
Given that list (ordered by Id), splitter would not require much additional
heap to write complete info to each tile, because we could simply merge the
information while reading the normal input files.

Ciao,