logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with names of relations

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Sep 26 15:42:20 BST 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:04:59PM +0100, Roger Calvert wrote:
>If a relation has the same name as one of its components (or perhaps
>any name), the name of the component is lost.
>
>I identified this on way 4798060, a small lake called 'High Dam'.
>Because there are islands in the lake, it is the outer component of
>relation 1369084, which also had the name 'High Dam'. Following mkgmap
>processing, the lake came out with its default name 'Reservoir'.
>However, when I removed the name from the relation, it came out with
>its correct name. (It appears correctly on OSM renderings such as
>mapnik).

I believe that the correct fix would have been to remove the name from
the role=outer ways and keep the name in the relation. Similarly, remove
any natural=water from the outer way(s) and add them to the relation.
This would make the multipolygon unambiguous.

	Marko