logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin maps on Android devices

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Mon Sep 24 14:51:23 BST 2012

Looks good! It won't replace my Dakota 20 yet, but better to have all the
maps there than downloading individual tiles for off line storage. It'll
make a nice backup in an emergency if anything goes wrong with the handheld.

Regards, Geoff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Minko
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 11:37 AM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Garmin maps on Android devices

FYI:
With the latest Oruxmaps app software you can browse garmin img maps on your
Android smartphone or tablet.
Just copy the gmapsupp.img (or an individual img tile) to the default
Oruxmap folder "mapfiles".
The colours are a bit different and too many labels are shown (which you can
turn off though) but it looks promising. :)
You can see some screenshots of my Openfietsmap here:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=276993#p276993