logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suggestion for more flexibility in locator part of mkgmap

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Sep 19 09:52:50 BST 2012

> WanMil wrote
>> Why is the place polygon not tagged with boundary=administrative and an
>> appropriate admin_level? Is this specific for Ireland?
>
> Because not all places are administrative areas.   The village is not an
> administrative  area.
> Places with town/city councils etc are administrative areas.

Ok. It is possible to change the mkgmap locator to also use place
polygons. Anyhow I don't know when I will have time for that.

In general I would like to have a statement of the OSM community how the
names of cities, regions etc. for an address search can be extracted
from the OSM data.

WanMil