logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New clip box functionality for splitter

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Sep 16 11:17:20 BST 2012

Hi Geoff,

clipping is already implemented by osmosis or osmconvert. But this
requires another step to generate the map. So I think it is a good idea
to add this option to splitter.

I expect that clipping will not be as easy as it sounds like. If you
have a way that intersects the clipping area you need the points inside
the clipping area (easy) but also the first point outside the clippling
area (not so easy). If you want to be correct you have to read and store
all nodes because you cannot be sure that a node outside the clipping is
not the first "outer" node of a way.

Regarding the dev tools: there is no specific tool required. I use
Eclipse but you are free to choose.

WanMil