logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem transferring maps from Mapsource

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sun Sep 16 00:00:07 BST 2012

Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> writes:

> Since you use a mac the problem may not be the same of course, but do
> you build your maps without --latin1 or --code-page? It's not confirmed
> fully yet, but I noticed Geoff was not using a code-page and he has now
> narrowed the versions down to ones where this seems to be a likely problem.

Probably.  I don't remember trying to add that.

In general, I think it's a bug that one needs to give all these
arguments to mkgmap.  I would think that with no explicit arguments, the
current best practice for making a map from OSM data should happen.

It sounds like there is a bugfix for not using --latin1.   I can try to
narrow down the range further, or if that fix is put on trunk try it out
and report back.