logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Attribution of Garmin-maps

From aighes osm at aighes.de on Wed Sep 12 15:00:17 BST 2012

Am 12.09.2012 15:24, schrieb Greg Troxel:
> Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, aighes wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> how do you attribute your published maps in a few days?
>>>
>>> If I got it correct from ODbL-licence it should be something like that (in
>>> case of its a derivative Database):
>> According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ I will use
>> now:
>>
>> for the license (--license-file)
>> "Map data (c) OpenStreetMap contributors
>> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright)"
>>
>> for the copyright (--copyright-message)
>> "OpenStreetMap contributors, ODbL. See: http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright"
>> (Garmin will add the (c) at their own in the output).
> It seems that this license/copyright information should be in the
> .osm/.pbf, and mkgmap should just carry it along.  Of course, combining
> terms seems tricky for multiple inputs, but in the simple case making
> the mkgmap user set license terms manually seems suboptimal.
I think, there is only a little number of mkgmap-user, who publish their
maps. Everyone else hasn't the problem. ;)
I think there wont be something, which works automatic for all users.
Maybe the default could be no licence infomation and a warning printed
out, that it should be set via --license-file/--copyright-message, if
necessary.

@Thorsten: This seems to be a better solution.

Henning