logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Using zip files

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Mon Sep 10 19:53:19 BST 2012

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I can't find the answer in the
wiki or elsewhere.

I seem to remember reading that one can access precompiled bounds and
precompiled sea direct from the zip files without unpacking them. The
options I am using are --bounds=..\resources\bounds.zip
--precomp-sea=..\resources\sea.zip

I get the following errors, which appear to be because within the zip
files are folders "bounds" and "sea" respectively.

> SEVERE (SeaGenerator): 60555001.osm.pbf: Disable precompiled sea due
> to missing
> index.txt file in precompiled sea directory ..\resources\sea.zip
> Disable precompiled sea due to missing index.txt file in precompiled
> sea directo
> ry ..\resources\sea.zip
> SEVERE (BoundaryUtil): 60555001.osm.pbf: boundary zip file contains
> directories.
>  Files in directories will be ignored...\resources\bounds.zip
I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,

Roger

Roger Calvert