logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Attention -- mkgmap Built maps with data as of today or newer need NEW: Bounds and Sea Files!!!! and need to be put under ODBL

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Sep 6 14:39:10 BST 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> Well, Geofabrik downloads as of today are all blank. So I assumed that
> the newest planet has been published already (different location - and
> hence no extracts).
>
> That's why I wrote, built with data as of today or later.
> Of course old data stays CCBYSA 2.0 - for which you'll need old boundary
> and old sea data.
>

> At least Geofabrik has put the "old" data into another folder, why the
> standard folders, are up to date odbl bot cleaned data (though until
> yesterday not yet odbl but still CCBYSA 2.0).

Since there is no planet file under ODBL released, even the
odbl bot cleaned data from today is still CCBYSA and will stay
that until the workgroup announces something else.

So please don't use or distribute that data as ODBL.