logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem transferring maps from Mapsource

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Wed Sep 5 17:43:18 BST 2012

I don’t know if this has been raised before as I am new to the list, but when I try the latest version of mkgmap (r2328) with the latest version of Mapsource (6.16.3) I am unable to transfer maps to a device from Mapsource. I am using Windows 7 service pack 1, 64 bit. If I overwrite with an older version of mkgmap (r2168) I no longer have the problem. I have tried the older version R2316 and got the same problem.

I have no problem installing the map into Mapsource, and it shows fine when it is in there. But as soon as I try to select the tiles that cover the British Isles to transfer to device; I get the error as shown in the screenshot attached.

I wanted the later version to try out the pre-compiled sea polygons feature, as I have had problems with flooding when combining data previously.

The command in the batch file for compiling the maps is. . .

java -Xmx5000M -jar mkgmap.jar --index --tdbfile --route --keep-going --generate-sea=multipolygon,close-gaps=1000 --mapname=56710001 --family-id=42 --family-name="ukmapnik" --series-name="ukmapnik"--description="OsmUKMapnik" --remove-short-arcs --add-pois-to-areas --nsis --drive-on-left --overview-mapname="OsmUKMapnik" --style-file=mapnik_styles/mapnik *.osm.pbf uknik.TYP

If anyone can shed any light on the problem I would be grateful.

Cheers, Geoff.